Thursday, September 30, 2004

Project: Refrigerator Refurbishing

When I bought my house a couple of years ago, the sellers included their major appliances in the purchase price. This was a good thing, since I didn't have any appliances in my old apartment. The washing machine and dryer are fairly new and work great. So does the fridge/freezer unit, except for one thing: it's missing most of the railings that allow you to keep food on the doors. As a result, since I moved in (back in 2002), my fridge and freezer have been overcrowded to say the least. I hunted and hunted for a way to fix this, and over the weekend I stumbled onto a site called PartsDirect. I placed the order for two of the longer rails and the brackets to mount them on Monday evening (the cost was about $75 including the cheapest shipping possible), they shipped on Tuesday, and to my surprise, they arrived today. I checked the brackets, and they fit the fridge perfectly. Unfortunately, the rails are just a bit too long (a note included with the package alerted me that this might happen). So it looks like I have my first project for the weekend--put the hacksaw blade on my Ryobi power saw and chop 'em down to size.

No comments:

Post a Comment