Wednesday, September 08, 2004

One more day...

I love football season. How can you not? I get asked all the time why I love football so much--I tell people it's because football is a low-commitment sport--watch Sunday afternoon and Monday night and you can see pretty much all you need to see.

Of course, the real reason is that it gives me an excuse to sit around the house and drink beer on Sundays and Monday nights.

Unfortunately for me, I'm a New York Giants fan. Given how bad they've looked this year, I'm almost ready to give up on the season before the first game is even underway. Now add in the fact that their first game is against the Philadelphia Eagles, our hated rivals and the local team in my neck of the woods, and I'm almost definitely going to be watching it with multiple Philly fans.

Anybody have a nice rock I can hide under?

But all is not lost. Fantasy football to the rescue. I'm playing for the first time this year, with not one but two teams in two different leagues. This means that pretty much any game I see will either have one or more players from either my fantasy team or one of the other two fantasy teams I'll "face" each week--hence, someone to root for or against in any game I get. That's great for someone like me who doesn't have the DirecTV NFL package and has to rely on whatever games the networks, ESPN, and Monday Night Football show.

This week? The Delaware Destroyaz take on the Fisher Price Ravens and the Claymont Dragons go up against the Bethlehem Blitz--I have Delaware and Claymont.

No comments:

Post a Comment