Saturday, December 04, 2004

The Italian Evening

I love Saturdays. I slept until 11 this morning, cleaned my kitchen top to bottom, and went to the grocery store. There, I found littleneck clams on sale, so I bought a bag, and found a great recipe to use them in--Clams with Capellini. Simple, yet really, really good. I added a whole bunch of red pepper flakes to it (I must have been shaking the jar for about 30 seconds before mixing them in) and added butter to the pan leavings to create more of a sauce, and...not to toot my own horn...it was pretty freakin' good. Add a glass of Australian chardonnay (five bucks at the liquor store on the corner--not all good wine is expensive), and I had myself a great meal (with plenty left over for another meal one night this week). To complete the evening, I'm watching F. Gary Gray's take on The Italian Job. So far, so good (I'm only about 20 minutes into it as I write this). I've never seen the original, but I love caper/heist/scam movies, so I think this one'll be right up my alley. I'm not the world's biggest Mark Wahlberg fan, but the supporting cast is excellent (particularly Jason Statham from The Transporter and Edward Norton, most famous for Fight Club, though my favorite movie that he did is American History X).

No comments:

Post a Comment