Tuesday, November 02, 2004

MIA Blogging

I haven't done any updates for a couple of days because I've been back in the town where I grew up in southeastern Pennsylvania, doing some volunteer work for the Bush campaign. See, living in Delaware as I do, there was never any doubt that my vote was going to be cast for a losing cause. So when I found out that an old friend had a job working for the county's Republican party headquarters, I told him that I'd be interested in volunteering, especially during their "72 Hour Initiative" (which actually runs for 96 hours, from Saturday morning all the way through until the end of Tuesday evening. (I didn't work Sunday, though--I took a break to watch the Giants with my folks.)

It'd take a long time to write everything I saw, did, and learned, so rather than try to cram it all into one entry, I'm going to break it up into sections and post it here throughout the week. Names, of course, will be changed to protect the innocent, and a few things may be left vague to protect area-specific campaign strategies, but I think it'll be an interesting read nonetheless. If you're interested in the process and what goes on behind the news coverage you're probably watching as I write this (I'm currently flipping between the different network and cable channel coverages, spending most of my time on Fox News, with no less than five different Safari browser windows open to election coverage sites), then you really won't want to miss the next week or so of entries here.

No comments:

Post a Comment