Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Roethlisberger

An unintentionally hilarious video from YouTube showing one Steeler fan's reaction to QB Ben Roethlisberger's helmetless motorcycle crash.



Naturally, this accident has spurred a lot of debate on helmet laws, since Pennsylvania has none, and Roethlisberger has said in an interview, "If it was the law, I'd definitely have [a helmet] on every time I rode. But it's the law and I know I don't have to and you're just more free when you're out there with no helmet on." My political beliefs generally run toward small-government conservativism--the less governments interfere into our private lives, the better--but isn't it better to require motorcyclists to wear helmets than to spend public funding caring for the ones who have opted to take advantage of the choice not to wear helmets and crippled themselves?

Hat tip to the Ron and Fez Show for tipping me off to those videos.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer dudes--the user pulled his first video down from YouTube, so I had to cut it out of the post. The second one's still there, though. Hi-larious!

    ReplyDelete