Friday, October 08, 2004

Chili Beer?

I made it home from work, and I'm about to kick off my Friday evening ritual: a Scotch (currently it's Scoresby), a relaxing album (this week, it's Ray Charles's last album, Genius Loves Company), and a book (my current ambitious project is to re-read Stephen King's entire Dark Tower series to date, culminating with my first read of the final volume, The Dark Tower). But before I do, I wanted to post something interesting I found when I stopped off at my local liquor store for a six-pack: Chili Beer.

That's right, Chili Beer. From looking at the bottles and the website, it looks similar to Corona...only instead of a lime, you're supposed to drink it with the chili pepper that comes in each bottle. I'll probably drink it later tonight, and I'll let you know how it turns out.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it really did get panned. I only had one last night; it tastes like what I imagined...Corona with a pepper instead of lime. My peppers are fresh--they're floating at the top like they're supposed to, and the one I pulled out after finishing last night felt pretty crisp to me. I'll post a more detailed review in my next entry.

    ReplyDelete