Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How NOT To Market on Facebook

I'm sorry, Homeland.  I really am.  You're my very favorite new show of the past year, and I'm excited to see the new season when it starts later this year.  So excited, in fact, that I "liked" you on Facebook, so that I'd be notified of your premiere date, and maybe get some early news articles on production, or even an early peek at the trailers.  But in the offseason, all you get is random quotes from the show.  And as good as Homeland is, it just isn't a quotable show.  To a fan, it's repetitive; to a non-fan, it's confusing; to a potential fan, it's sometimes even a spoiler.  And at least right now, that's all that your account is posting.  So as much as I didn't want to do it, I had to block you from appearing in my news feed.  I might promise to unblock you as the fall season draws near, but we both know that I won't remember to do it, especially since I know that Ron & Fez will tell me when it's time to start watching again.  I'm disappointed, Homeland, because I know that you could have done so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment