Monday, April 03, 2006

2006 Baseball Predictions

The 2006 Major League Baseball season is upon us, with the champs defeating the Angels in last night's Sunday night opener. My beloved Yankees open their season on the road in Oakland tonight at 10:05 my local time--with my body still getting used to the weekend time change, I'm going to be in bad shape tomorrow. Here are my picks for the season, lifted from a comment on one of Blowhard's posts, with the comments updated just a little bit. Yeah, yeah, lazy post, I know. Just wait until tomorrow's update.

AL East: Toronto (my vote for most improved team, and they're young and hungry)
AL Central: Chicago White Sox(the champs prove last year wasn't a fluke)
AL West: Anaheim (still the team to beat in the West)
AL Wild Card: NY Yankees (they edge out the Red Sox and A's)

NL East: Atlanta (pretty much by default)
NL Central: St. Louis (fuhgeddabout the National League, best team in baseball)
NL West: San Diego (absolutely by default)
NL Wild Card: NY Mets (keeping in mind that all of their new players will lose 1/3 of their talent the moment they put on the Mets uniform)

ALDS: Anaheim over Toronto, White Sox over Yankees
ALCS: Chicago over Anaheim

NLDS: St. Louis over Mets, San Diego over Atlanta
NLCS: St. Louis over San Diego

World Series: St. Louis over White Sox

Everyone bookmark this post so you can come back and ridicule me in November.

4 comments:

  1. "keeping in mind that all of their new players will lose 1/3 of their talent the moment they put on the Mets uniform" - footnote needed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes....that line comes from you, Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Yeah, yeah, lazy post, I know. Just wait until tomorrow's update."

    So where is this update we were promised?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a gut feeling that the Mets will win the East, depsite their history with free agents. Minaya is smart, and I can't wait until Banco Popular Cockfight Night in June!

    ReplyDelete