Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Resident Aliens: (Space)hogs

Here's a sentence I never thought I'd type on this blog: let's raise a glass and toast one for the great state of Taxachusetts.

You see, about a week and a half ago, the state legislature gave me a great birthday present: they voted against a bill granting in-state tuition to illegal aliens....oh wait, I'm sorry, I believe the politically correct nom du jour is "undocumented immigrants".

This trend is just disturbing: coddling people who are violating federal laws at taxpayer expense. College tuition at state schools is supposed to be cheaper for state residents because the school is funded, at least in part, by the taxpayers. But how many illegal aliens actually report their income and pay state taxes? Very few, I'm sure. I've lived in Delaware as a full time resident for six years now, and as a homeowner for almost three, yet if I wanted to change my college tuition rate from out of state to in-state (a moot point, since I can attend classes free due to the fact that I'm a full-time professional at the university), I would have to jump through a number of bureaucratic hoops to prove that I no longer live with my parents in another state. Apparently, in 14 states (Delaware is not one of them), I wouldn't even have to prove that I legally live in this country. Ridiculous.

4 comments:

  1. Stop attacking the patriotism of the Massachusetts legislature. Those hacks earn their 60 G's a year...pffffff...Somewhere Iron Mike Dukakis is smilin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Tacos....many numerous tacos es muy bueno muchacho. Se llama cabeza de bano. Tengo much tacos y fajitas y dolares de americanos. Yo stabbo your wife-o con my pene y rape-o her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it so easy for a Canadian to work in the U.S. and so difficult for a Mexican to work in the U.S.?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably because there are many more Mexicans here illegally than there are Canadians here illegally. Other than higher taxes, a socialized health care system, and a slightly lower-valued dollar, Canada is economically very similar to the U.S.; thus, there's no reason for people to try to flee from it en masse.

    But read my post again: it's against benefits for illegal immigrants, no matter what country they're from, not illegal Mexicans.

    ReplyDelete