Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Flea

The latest digital music player out of Cupertino. (Large video download, dialups beware.)

Hat tip to Bribo for the link.

This is the next logical step, you know. The iPod Shuffle is absolutely huge, and I can't understand why. My SanDisk digital audio player is smaller, holds the same amount, costs about the same amount, and isn't locked in permanent shuffle mode. I don't know how he got anyone to buy a Shuffle, but Steve Jobs is a marketing genius.

Update: a few friends have explained to me that there is, in fact, a serial mode that will play your list in order. Even so, if you're looking for portability, I'd still recommend the smaller SanDisk (with nifty velcro strap for attaching the player to your "guns" while exercising) over the Shuffle.

5 comments:

  1. You can get a velcro strap for the shuffle, as well as about 50 other accessories if you should so choose.

    And it's Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the armband is THIRTY FRICKEN' DOLLARS! As is the clear sport case! These things are included in the box with my SanDisk. I know it makes me a bad, bad man, but I'm not willing to pay a premium price just for a logo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the Shuffle came with a coupon for free beer you'd be all over it like a hobo on a ham sandwich. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That I would...although given that it's made by Apple, shouldn't it come with a coupon for free hard cider?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not yet.. October/November promotion, nothing like fresh hard cider in autumn. =)

    ReplyDelete